Monday, December 1, 2008

Thing #17: Web-based apps

Thing #17: Web-based apps

September of 2007 was my first experience with Google Documents. They have a spreadsheet document and I played around with to see if it could be used for our branch schedule. Ultimately it didn't get used. L&P has pushed me to check out Google Docs again and they have added quite a few functions since my last visit.

One potentially useful thing will be the document templates they have on file. Just the other day I was looking for an invitation template on the microsoft website. Just about everything I found required Word 2007 and we have Word 2003 at CML. Downloading updates to make the template compatible was a big hassle so I just made a document from scratch. Next time I'll search Google Docs.

You can also post blogs via Google Docs. To experiment I typed my Thing #17 blog in Google just to see how it works. Here goes...

No comments: