Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thing # 22 MOLDI

When the Mid-Ohio Library Digital Initiative started there was no compatibility with iPod. So the novelty of this initiative was pretty much lost on me. I know this is Apple’s fault due to the proprietary rights they maintain on their system of digital formatting etc. I’m not laying any blame on MOLDI, but without titles for iPods there’s little incentive for me to dig deep into this system. However, a few months ago I did participate in the online tutorial so I could better help customers with questions. It turns out that there are now some titles available for download with the iPod (199 to be exact).

Trivia:

Most popular iPod compatible MOLDI download? The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card.

Least popular? The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.

No comments: