Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thing #18 Web 2.0 Awards List

Thing #18 Web 2.0 Awards List

The SEOmoz 2.0 awards feature one of my favorite websites: Zillow! I’ve been a Zillow addict for about a year. While looking for a house to buy, I became obsessed with local real estate. Zillow is a fun tool to compare prices and listings. Similar to Google Maps you can zoom in on and rotate satellite images.

After perusing the list some more I found a site that I’ve heard about, but hadn’t yet looked at: Backpack. Filed in the Organization category, Backpack lets you create pages of notes, lists, files, pictures, etc.

How could I use something like this?

-I’m working on a tactical plan item and there is currently a blog that was set up for sharing. The simple layout of Backpack could be a little less cumbersome than a blog.

-A coworker and I now collaborate on volunteer coordinator duties at our branch. We keep work in a shared PC file. Backpack pages are visual and you can embed different file formats (excel, word, pdf, etc.) to a page. This would be so handy!

What’s the huge drawback with this tool? It’s not FREE.

No comments: